[Proj] GeographicLib geoid calculations

Noel Zinn (cc) ndzinn at comcast.net
Fri Oct 19 08:55:47 EST 2012

Janne,

The MSS models have academic uptake and they're creeping into the oil
industry, which is my bailiwick.  Follow the links below for DOTs of the
North Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

http://www.hydrometronics.com/downloads/DOT_NS.png
http://www.hydrometronics.com/downloads/DOT_GOM.png

You'll see that the differences between the geoid and the MSS are not
insignificant, nor is the gradient insignificant in places.

Noel

Noel Zinn, Principal, Hydrometronics LLC
+1-832-539-1472 (office), +1-281-221-0051 (cell)
noel.zinn at hydrometronics.com (email)
http://www.hydrometronics.com (website)