[Proj] So close -- Lat / Long to Pennsylvania State Plane North NAD27

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Thu Aug 8 10:01:27 EST 2013

Am 08.08.2013 14:34, schrieb Jeremy Boecker:
> Guys, I've tried everything suggested here in multiple variations, even to
> the point of rebuilding from the source code following the instructions in
> the FAQ, and I'm still getting the same output as is shown in my previous
> doing and what Andre (one of the previous replies) is doing to be able to
> get the correct results. Would anyone be willing to give me a detailed
> step-by-step, starting with downloading "
> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj446_win32_bin.zip" and unzipping in a
> windows environment (I placed everything in C:\proj).

Why don't you simply take the stable GDAL 1.10.0 build from
<http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/>

It comes with the current Proj 4.8, which might have improved CRS
definitions compared to the old 4.4.6 you are trying.

After starting the SDKshell.bat, it has all drivers and paths set for
working with gdal and proj, until you close the terminal window.

HTH,
André Joost