[Proj] using an NTv2 grid to apply a slight shift to coordinates in a metric CS

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Thu Jan 3 14:44:46 EST 2013

W dniu 03.01.2013 17:25, Andre Joost pisze:
> the nadgrid shift is usually done with lat/lon coordinates. You
> transform your cartesian coordiantes to lat/lon,

EPSG:2174 is on Krassovsky/Pulkovo_1942_58. Do I convert my cartesian
EPSG:2714 coordinates to latlon on WGS84 or Pulkovo_1942_58?

> apply the shift, and transform into another grid.
>
> The syntax of the proj string is: +proj=tmerc +lat_0=0 +lon_0=9
> +x_0=3500000 +y_0=0 +k=1.000000 +ellps=bessel +units=m
> +nadgrids=path/to/BETA2007.gsb +wktext
>
> The grid file has to be in binary format, which can be transformed
> from an ASCII file.

I more or less know how to create a NTv2 grid (from threads
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2011-April/005628.html,
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2012-February/006093.html, and
the links mentioned in them both).

What I don't know is the following:

>> Let me put it this way - should my grid provide shifts between:
>>
>> a) the original EPSG:2174 and the EPSG:2174+shift
>>
>> or rather
>>
>> b) between WGS84 and the EPSG:2174+shift?
>>
>> And what would be the proj4 string for the new system in either
>> case?

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka