[Proj] *SOLVED*: Creating a nadgrid shift file with GDAL

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Jan 22 12:03:22 EST 2013

Am 22.01.2013 17:11, schrieb Jan Hartmann:

> I think you are right (Hermann Peifer pointed out the same thing). I do
> not understand your reference to epsg:4289, though: that epsg number has
> a wgs84 shift. The original ellipsoid for Amersfoort is jus Bessel, so
> the source latlon epsg would be 4308

If you transform from EPSG:28991 to EPSG:4289, both have the same
towgs84 parameters. So thats the same as calculating without any towgs84
shift, but easier to handle with cs2cs. Its just to make clear that we
still are on the same ellipsoid, located at the Amersfoort datum. About
700m away from the WGS84 ellipsoids center.

Greetings,
André Joost