[Proj] So close -- Lat / Long to Pennsylvania State Plane North NAD27

Mikael Rittri Mikael.Rittri at carmenta.com
Sun Jul 28 17:03:55 EST 2013

I think you don't have the grid shift files that are required for
the Proj.4 default datum shift between NAD27 and WGS84.
The files are called alaska and conus, and NTv2.gsb for
Canada, and should be in the "nad" directory I think.
The US files can require an extra manual command to
generate, if you build Proj.4 yourself.

You can read more about this on the Proj.4 FAQ.

Best regards,

Mikael Rittri
Carmenta
Sweden