[Proj] [osgeo4w-dev] Using cmake of osgeo projects?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Jun 29 11:40:24 EST 2013

Folks,

Oddly, I am one of those resisters.  I've had bad experiences trying to
figure out how to make liblas and qgis builds work when the cmake magic
fails and frankly I have almost no idea how to cope and thus end up a bit
of a hater.

So I'm not eager to take on responsibility for cmake in PROJ.4, or GDAL and
maintaining multiple build systems tends to be problematic.

That said, PROJ.4 has minimal dependencies and so could likely be converted
fairly trivially.  It seems to me it is the "complex dependencies" projects
like GDAL or QGIS where you can run into problems and I want to understand
how to make things work.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com