[Proj] Mingw JNI build issue

Mike Reynolds mike.reynolds at aug-tech.co.uk
Thu Feb 27 05:29:30 EST 2014

Hi Mark - Thanks for the files.

I've got a bit further using your files, changing the include path to point
to my Java_Home. I also see where you added in jni=jniproj.obj to get it to
build.

When doing the build now, I have another issue, which I'm pretty sure is
related to 64bit vs 32bit;
jniproj.c(223) : error C2275: 'jclass' : illegal use of this type as an
expression
        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_22\include\jni.h(84) : see
declaration of 'jclass'
jniproj.c(223) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier
'c'

I believe I'm right in saying Proj only supports a 32bit build. I'm using
32bit nmake to perform the build, but the only jni.h I have is in
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_22\include\", therefore I'm guessing 64bit
(although jni_md.h is in \Win32\ )

Do you know if its enough to get a 32bit version of jni.h and include that
instead? Which one(s) are you using?

Thanks,

Mike