[Proj] Info on proj4 formulas

Mikhail Tchernychev misha at mail.geometrics.com
Fri May 9 13:28:40 EST 2014

Well, it seems to me first part of your letter contradicts (1) and (2).

Anyway, if there is negligible difference (say in order of cm) than what
could come wrong friendly fire or drilling?

But I have to admit that consequences could be severe for surveyor in
two cases:

1. there is a legal requirement to use specific formulas.  In this case
we are in trouble
even the formulas yield exactly the same results but not recommended
ones were used.

2. If required formulas were distorted on purpose.   Then this is just a
case of classified information.

Best Regards,
Mikhail