[Proj] Update of EPSG database to v8.4

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Thu May 15 09:56:26 EST 2014

Am 14.05.2014 12:53, schrieb Even Rouault:

> Regarding PROJ.4 'espg' and PostGIS spatial_ref_sys.sql files, I've also added
> the list of SRS that are GEOCCS (GeoCentric) and COMPD_CS (Compound Horizontal
> + Vertical).
>
> Please let me know if you see issues.

The GEOCGS will likely cause a lot of confusion. They need three
coordinates (X/Y/Z), while most GIS software is still in 2D-mode
(lat/lon or X/Y). As a consequence, inverse projection (or
on-the-fly-reprojection) is not possible if the third coordinate is
lost. See
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/95729/help-defining-custom-crs-in-qgis-2-2
for an example.

BTW, any chance to get my http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ticket/235 included?
It is just about datum shift of the Czech Republic bound to East German
Pulkovo projections, which leads to unwanted datum shifts.

Greetings,
André Joost