[Proj] PROJ 4.9.0RC1

Charles Karney charles.karney at sri.com
Tue Sep 16 16:15:27 EST 2014

On 2014-09-13 19:33, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have discovered that PROJ.4 was left with a hanging beta
> again some time ago without my following up on the release.
> Grr, I'm lame!  Anyways, Howard Butler and I have made a
> pass through open bugs and fixed some.  Howard has also
> introduced CMake support for PROJ.4 (though the automake
> way is also still supported).
>
> Source is at:
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.tar.gz
> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.zip
>
> I would appreciate feedback before finalizing the release in the coming
> week.

Here's what I get on Windows 7 using cmake

$ mkdir BUILD-vc10-x64
$ cd BUILD-vc10-x64/
$ cmake --version
cmake version 2.8.12.2
$ cmake -G 'Visual Studio 10 Win64' ..
-- The C compiler identification is MSVC 16.0.40219.1
-- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 Win64
-- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 Win64 -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
--
-- Configuring PROJ:
--
-- PROJ_VERSION                             = 4.8.0
-- PROJ_ABI_VERSION                         = 4_8
-- Looking for include file dlfcn.h
-- Looking for include file dlfcn.h - not found
-- Looking for include file inttypes.h
-- Looking for include file inttypes.h - not found
-- Looking for include file jni.h
-- Looking for include file jni.h - not found
-- Looking for include file memory.h
-- Looking for include file memory.h - found
-- Looking for include file stdint.h
-- Looking for include file stdint.h - found
-- Looking for include file stdlib.h
-- Looking for include file stdlib.h - found
-- Looking for include file string.h
-- Looking for include file string.h - found
-- Looking for include file sys/stat.h
-- Looking for include file sys/stat.h - found
-- Looking for include file sys/types.h
-- Looking for include file sys/types.h - found
-- Looking for include file unistd.h
-- Looking for include file unistd.h - not found
-- Looking for 4 include files stdlib.h, ..., float.h
-- Looking for 4 include files stdlib.h, ..., float.h - found
-- Looking for ceil in m
-- Looking for ceil in m - not found
-- PROJ_PLATFORM_NAME                       = x64
-- PROJ_COMPILER_NAME                       = msvc-10.0
-- PROJ4_TESTS                              = ON
--
-- Configuring proj library:
--

     U:/temp/proj-4.9.0/src/lib_proj.cmake:261

   when parsing string

     ${

   syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting } (2)

   Policy CMP0010 is not set: Bad variable reference syntax is an error.
  Run
   "cmake --help-policy CMP0010" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy
   command to set the policy and suppress this warning.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   src/CMakeLists.txt:3 (include)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- PROJ_CORE_TARGET                         = proj
-- PROJ_CORE_TARGET_OUTPUT_NAME             = proj_4_8
-- PROJ_LIBRARY_TYPE                        = STATIC
-- PROJ_LIBRARIES                           = proj
warning nad2nad can't be build with a DLL proj4 library you need a
static lib
-- Configuring done
CMake Error at src/bin_nad2bin.cmake:13 (add_executable):
   Cannot find source file:

     nad2bin.c/emess.c

   Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp
   .hxx .in .txx
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   src/CMakeLists.txt:24 (include)

-- Build files have been written to: U:/temp/proj-4.9.0/BUILD-vc10-x64