[Proj] PROJ 4.9.0RC1

Charles Karney charles.karney at sri.com
Wed Sep 24 13:22:09 EST 2014

On 2014-09-13 19:33, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have discovered that PROJ.4 was left with a hanging beta
> again some time ago without my following up on the release.
> Grr, I'm lame!  Anyways, Howard Butler and I have made a
> pass through open bugs and fixed some.  Howard has also
> introduced CMake support for PROJ.4 (though the automake
> way is also still supported).
>
> Source is at:
>
> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.tar.gz
> http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-4.9.0RC1.zip
>
> I would appreciate feedback before finalizing the release in the coming
> week.
>
> Best regards,
> Frank

Frank,

I see there's an RC2 available now.  However RC2 also fails to
configure, build, and install cleanly (with either autoconf or
cmake) under Linux as I reported with RC1.  Are there moves afoot
to address this?  Do you need more information?  I can try to debug
the problems myself, however I suspect the problem can be fixed
more quickly by someone more closely involved in proj4 than me.

   --Charles