[Proj] Proj 4.9.1RC3 Released, status of invgeod and invproj

Charles Karney charles.karney at sri.com
Mon Feb 23 10:22:19 EST 2015

One other minor problem I should report with the cmake installation is
that links in the bin directory

   invgeod -> geod
   invproj -> proj

are not created.  It's a little ugly to get cmake to create these links
and I'm not sure how useful they are in any case, since

  * these are just for geod -I and proj -I
  * presumably this shortcut was never available for Windows users

I propose not worrying about this until after 4.9.1 is released (if
then).

Alternatively one possible action it might be worth taking now is to
deprecate the use of these links by removing any mention of them in the
proj.1 and geod.1 man pages.  But doing nothing is also OK!

   --Charles

--
Charles Karney <charles.karney at sri.com>
SRI International, Princeton, NJ 08543-5300

Tel: +1 609 734 2312
Fax: +1 609 734 2662