[Proj] AppVeyor (Windows CI) setup + Windows CMake question

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Jul 4 14:13:25 EST 2015

Hi,

Similarly to Linux Travis-CI builds, I've also added the configuration for the
AppVeyor hosted CI service for Windows builds
:https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/blob/master/appveyor.yml

The following configurations are tested (for pushes and pull requests) :
Environment: BUILD_TYPE=cmake, VS_VERSION=Visual Studio 10; Platform: x64
Environment: BUILD_TYPE=cmake, VS_VERSION=Visual Studio 10; Platform: x86
Environment: BUILD_TYPE=cmake, VS_VERSION=Visual Studio 11; Platform: x64
Environment: BUILD_TYPE=cmake, VS_VERSION=Visual Studio 11; Platform: x86
Environment: BUILD_TYPE=cmake, VS_VERSION=Visual Studio 12; Platform: x64
Environment: BUILD_TYPE=cmake, VS_VERSION=Visual Studio 12; Platform: x86
Environment: BUILD_TYPE=nmake; Platform: x64
Environment: BUILD_TYPE=nmake; Platform: x86

This only runs the build as I don't think there's a test target for Windows ?

Results available at:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/OSGeo/proj-4

Travis and Appveyor badges displayed on:
https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/wiki

I've had a hard time with Windows cmake builds. I had to add  "-
DCMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_RELEASE=../bin" on the cmake line, otherwise I
got errors during the build with "..\bin\nad2bin.exe" not being found when
processing """
CustomBuild:
  Building Custom Rule c:/....../proj.4/nad/CMakeLists.txt
"""
Is it expected?
Without that, the binaries are installed in bin\Release

Even

http://www.spatialys.com