[Proj] AppVeyor (Windows CI) setup + Windows CMake question

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Sun Jul 5 10:21:45 EST 2015

> On Jul 4, 2015, at 2:13 PM, Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Similarly to Linux Travis-CI builds, I've also added the configuration for the
> AppVeyor hosted CI service for Windows builds
> :https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/blob/master/appveyor.yml
>
> The following configurations are tested (for pushes and pull requests) :
> Environment: BUILD_TYPE=cmake, VS_VERSION=Visual Studio 10; Platform: x64
> Environment: BUILD_TYPE=cmake, VS_VERSION=Visual Studio 10; Platform: x86
> Environment: BUILD_TYPE=cmake, VS_VERSION=Visual Studio 11; Platform: x64
> Environment: BUILD_TYPE=cmake, VS_VERSION=Visual Studio 11; Platform: x86
> Environment: BUILD_TYPE=cmake, VS_VERSION=Visual Studio 12; Platform: x64
> Environment: BUILD_TYPE=cmake, VS_VERSION=Visual Studio 12; Platform: x86
> Environment: BUILD_TYPE=nmake; Platform: x64
> Environment: BUILD_TYPE=nmake; Platform: x86

Thanks! So many warnings! [1].

PDAL uses AppVeyor for its windows builds too and we’ve been very happy with it. I paid for the basic account which does make things run quite a bit faster than otherwise would be expected for the OSS variant. Maybe we could convince OSGeo to pay for such infrastructure.

[1] https://ci.appveyor.com/project/OSGeo/proj-4/build/job/2j2mt8kllv8klqx4

> This only runs the build as I don't think there's a test target for Windows ?

Has there ever been a proj.4 test target for windows?

> I've had a hard time with Windows cmake builds. I had to add  "-
> DCMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_RELEASE=../bin" on the cmake line, otherwise I
> got errors during the build with "..\bin\nad2bin.exe" not being found when
> processing """
> CustomBuild:
>  Building Custom Rule c:/....../proj.4/nad/CMakeLists.txt
> """
> Is it expected?
> Without that, the binaries are installed in bin\Release

That is not surprising. It is a cmake convention to break up builds by build type. Charles may have an opinion on this…

Howard