[Proj] why doesn't the epsg file reference the hpgn grids?

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 08:14:53 EST 2015

What is the "@ syntax"?

> But there's currently no way of doing
> the association between a datum and corresponding grids when the "raw" CSV
> files
> are processed in the gcs.csv/pcs.csv. Perhaps something similar to
>
> http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff/csv/datum_shift_pref.csv
> could be used.

I'm still unclear as to how epsg.org addresses grid shifts. I randomly
surfed thru the files in
http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff/csv/
<http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff/csv/datum_shift_pref.csv>
and
found no clues. It seems like it would be nice to enhance the processing of
the epsg.org source definitions to reference grid shift files if possible.
By "if possible" I mean if there is sufficient information in the epsg.org
source definitions to do that. If not, then I agree that something
like datum_shift_pref.csv would be good.

Thanks,
Rich