[Proj] why doesn't the epsg file reference the hpgn grids?

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:17:56 EST 2015

 be used.
On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 9:32 PM, Hermann Peifer <peifer at gmx.eu> wrote:

> I did anyway some time ago was to add my own lookup table as
> local/share/proj/hermann in order to gain control over my own
> transformations.
>
> Now I can use: +init=hermann:4314, which resolves to my transformation
> parameters (+proj=longlat +ellps=bessel +nadgrids=BETA2007.gsb), whereas
> epsg:4314 translates to: +proj=longlat +datum=potsdam +no_defs

Hermann, thank you for the suggestion. I'm doing the same thing (creating
my own lookup file) which of course works fine for me, but doesn't help
anyone else. I believe that there are about 600 coordinate systems in the
Proj4 epsg file that say "HARN" but do actually reference the HARN grid
shift files, nor give the user any obvious clues that these grid files are
available and could, and should, be used.

Thanks,
Rich

--
Richard W. Greenwood, PLS