[Proj] Missing proj_def.dat in 4.9.1 release

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 6 13:13:14 EST 2015

On 06-09-15 17:55, Roger Bivand wrote:
> Please may I ask when a new release will be forthcoming to remedy the
> serious shortcoming of the 4.9.1 release? This has now propogated and is
> causing chaos in uses in the R world. For example, the Debian proj-data
> package does not have proj_def.dat, I don't know about other distributions.

As a temporary solution for this problem, I've updated the proj Debian
package to install proj_def.dat again.

The just uploaded proj (4.9.1-3) contains two patches, the first adds
nad/proj_def.dat as currently on the GitHub master branch, the second is
the nad/Makefile.am change by hobu to install proj_def.dat again.

proj (4.9.1-3) should migrate to testing in 5 days. Ubuntu should pick
it up soon for the upcoming wily release.

I'm not sure what the procedure is to generate release tarballs, so I
couldn't test if the Makefile.am change is sufficient to have
proj_def.dat included in the release tarballs too.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1