[Proj] Missing proj_def.dat in 4.9.1 release

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Sep 8 18:50:48 EST 2015

Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com> writes:

> What you point here is files bundled in the .tar.gz, so linked to  EXTRA_DIST
> additions. Now I think I understand the reason why I added null.lla
> ntf_r93.gsb nzgd2kgrid0005.gsb ntv1_can.dat to EXTRA_DIST.
> Those files are in the .git tree and when you build and do make install from
> git, they are installed in share/proj. But if you did (before
> a4c7892a94667e62d62caa053ac4b51ef790741c) a make dist and rebuilt proj from
> that, they were no longer installed. Which seemed inconsistant (broke the test
> I added in
> https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/commit/ba3454ec0f9d1d33e165d0ace70f766c8283892e)
> But now that they are in the .tar.gz, they are (or their compiled result) is
> now installed in share/proj, which isn't desirable.

How pkgsrc does things is to unpack both proj-datumgrids-1.5 and
proj-4.9.x, and then to ln the datumgrids files into proj-4.9.x/nad.
So the mere presence of files that used to not be present, even if not
installed, causes trouble.

Where are the files that make up proj-datumgrids stored?   Maybe it's
time to put them in proj git and just have them always included.