[Proj] Proj 4.9.3RC1 Released

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 16 02:48:39 EST 2016

Hi Howard,

Thanks for the release candidate.

On 08/16/16 01:15, Howard Butler wrote:
> I have prepared a proj.4 4.9.3 RC1. At the moment it is simply a release cut from master. We still need to do the following:
>
> 1) Upgrade to EPSG 8.9 db
> 2) Prepare release notes
> 3) In/out decisions on existing PRs

May I also request that proj-datumgrid-1.6RC1 [0] is promoted to final
along with the last proj-4.9.3RC?

proj-datumgrid-1.6RC1 has been included in the Debian package since
proj-4.9.0RC2, but most distributions still use proj-datumgrid-1.5 with
proj-4.9.x.

The "CTable2" format grid shift files are a very welcome change from the
not architecture independent format used in proj-datumgrid-1.5 and earlier.

No issues have been reported with the proj-datumgrid-1.5 upgrade to
proj-datumgrid-1.6RC1 in the Debian package which has been available for
some time now, and included in Ubuntu since wily. I don't think there
are any blockers to promoting proj-datumgrid-1.6RC1 to final.

[0] http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-datumgrid-1.6RC1.zip

Kind Regards,

Bas

--