[Proj] Proj 4.9.3RC1 Released

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Tue Aug 16 21:35:21 EST 2016

> On Aug 16, 2016, at 2:48 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebastic at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> Hi Howard,
>
> Thanks for the release candidate.
>
> On 08/16/16 01:15, Howard Butler wrote:
>> I have prepared a proj.4 4.9.3 RC1. At the moment it is simply a release cut from master. We still need to do the following:
>>
>> 1) Upgrade to EPSG 8.9 db
>> 2) Prepare release notes
>> 3) In/out decisions on existing PRs
>
> May I also request that proj-datumgrid-1.6RC1 [0] is promoted to final
> along with the last proj-4.9.3RC?

We can promote it, but surely there have been updates since 2012? I unfortunately do not know how this was produced, and I don't know how to refresh it with current grid files. Frank's original message pointing to it from April 2012 is here [1].

[1] http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Datum-Grid-Files-td4900930.html

> No issues have been reported with the proj-datumgrid-1.5 upgrade to
> proj-datumgrid-1.6RC1 in the Debian package which has been available for
> some time now, and included in Ubuntu since wily. I don't think there
> are any blockers to promoting proj-datumgrid-1.6RC1 to final.

I'm happy to simply promote it, but is there is value in bringing it forward to 1.7 and including any updated grids? It will probably be another year before we have a proj.4 release unless some critical thing shows up, so it would be best to knock these things out while there's attention.

Howard