[Proj] PSG Dataset ver 9.0 released on 15th December 2016

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Mon Dec 19 11:39:56 EST 2016

> On Dec 18, 2016, at 11:24 PM, Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com> wrote:
>
> I realize that it may not be a short term goal, but if Proj.4 wants to upgrade someday from an "early-binding" implementation to a "late-binding" one, it may be useful to keep in mind which information from the SQL scripts are discarded in the CSV files.

This has been a desire of mine as well. The first step is to get the libraries on a common yet extensible database. I proposed SQLite [1], which is everywhere nowadays. The EPSG db isn't provided in SQLite, but the CRS software constellation has many more dictionaries than just EPSG to worry about.

I'd love to talk about this topic at the Daytona Code Sprint [2]. Come join me to focus on Proj.4 and open source CRS issues. The http://proj4.org website and infrastructure was an outcome of the Paris Code Sprint [3] last year, for example.

Howard

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/metacrs/2015-August/000846.html
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Daytona_Beach_Code_Sprint_2017#Participants
[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016