[Proj] EPSG Dataset ver 9.0 released on 15th December 2016

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Tue Dec 20 14:18:28 EST 2016

Martin,

Don't take that too seriously... It was just my tongue in cheek way of
referring to Howards proposal. The EPSG database is a fantastic
starting point and would for the most part cover everyone's needs.

However, I do think that it is a good idea to think in broader terms
than the EPSG DB when designing a new system.  Something compatible
with the EPSG DB that can also be extended to suit CRS needs not
covered by the EPSG DB.

/Kristian