[Proj] convert from Equidistant Cylindrical to Eckert I

Wang Leslie wqyuwss at hotmail.com
Tue May 24 18:34:08 EST 2016

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the quick reply.

What do you mean "be geo-referenced"? What I'm thinking is to use these tools to convert a 360 panorama picture, such as https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/35/Space_Needle_360_Panorama.jpg, which is an equidistant cylindrical projection, to other type of projection, which keeps same quality but with smaller size. Thus I can save some storage spaces. In this case, these 360 picture doesn't have any geo-referenced data. Can I still use these tools?

[https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/35/Space_Needle_360_Panorama.jpg]