[Proj] [MetaCRS] Motion: Promote Proj.4 4.9.3RC3 to Final Release

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Sun Sep 4 09:43:54 EST 2016

Looking at the github milestone page for 4.9.3 [0] you can see that there's a bit more than just bug fixes.
A few more projections has been added (Patterson, Natural Earth II, Compact Miller, MISR SOM).
The default UTM projection is now etmerc. A bunch of stuff has been added with regards to tests, but that is probably not of interest for the general user.

I guess we need to compile a proper list of what's new and put in NEWS before releasing?

/Kristian

[0] https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/milestone/8?closed=1