[Proj] Time dependent datum transformations

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Fri Mar 24 04:26:10 EST 2017

Hello Nick

Le 24/03/2017 à 02:09, Nick Mein a écrit :

> To the wider geodetic community: Are we able to work together on
> developing/defining standards for representing and sharing
> velocity/displacement/distortion models, rather than having a "tower
> of Babel" where every national authority develops and publishes a
> slightly different model, and every software developer has to try to
> implement that model.

I'm not sure if this address your question about sharing the models, but
just in case: ISO 19111 is under revision right now, and one of the main
goal for this revision is to support dynamic datum in their conceptual
model. The draft is quite advanced and the standard may be published in
2018 if everything go well. After its publication, there is plan to
update the ISO 19162 standard (WKT 2) accordingly.

    Martin