[Proj] +towgs84 approximation error

Noel Zinn (cc) ndzinn at comcast.net
Sat Mar 25 11:09:24 EST 2017

Jochem, yes, the original challenge was to demonstrate that the 7 parameters
of a Helmert transformation derived in a small area are squandered due to
the high correlations with the rotations (regardless of how the rotations
are approximated, or not) and that 7 coefficients could be "spent" better in
2 or 3 regression equations depending upon the dimensionality of the
experiment, but we'd have to decide how to handle the geoid, or not.  Is
this your understanding?  -Noel

Noel Zinn, Principal, Hydrometronics LLC
+1-832-539-1472 (office), +1-281-221-0051 (cell)
noel.zinn at hydrometronics.com (email)
http://www.hydrometronics.com (website)