[Proj] +towgs84 approximation error

Jochem jochem.lesparre at kadaster.nl
Tue Mar 28 02:34:30 EST 2017

Hi Noel,

Thanks for your friendly response. I am back in the Netherlands now with my
normal duties. Therefore, it took a bit more time to reply.

The country I visited is definitely not a country where Gauss has been
working, considering the large rotations and scale factor.

Regarding the challenge: If you like more stochastic noise in the
observations, we can take the original coordinates of the triangulation. I
am most interested in the effect for the Netherlands (rotation angles up to
2 arc-seconds). Or would you like 40 arc-second rotations better? The
ellipsoidal heights in the old triangulation are close to the levelling
heights, or I could use our precise national geoid to compute ellipsoidal
heights.

Regards, Jochem