[Proj] Fwd: [OSGeo-Live] Proj4 documentation

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon May 29 17:21:40 EST 2017

Hi,

Please see below help that seeks volunteers to help maintaining proj.4 documentation in
OSGeo-Live.

Even

Subject: [OSGeo-Live] Proj4 documentation
Date: lundi 29 mai 2017, 23:50:42 CEST
From: Nicolas Roelandt <roelandtn.pro at gmail.com>
To: even.rouault at spatialys.com, live-demo at lists.osgeo.org

Hi Even,

I'm coming to you on behalf of the OSGeo-Live project. We are currently
making a great spring cleaning of the projects included in OSGeo-Live. [1]
We are not enough to maintain all of them and keep the docs up to date too,
so we are downsizing.

Proj4 appeared on our radar since the software is good but the
documentation neglected.

Proj4 is still active since you made a commit a few hours / day ago.

Can you reach to the Proj4 community to help us find 2 peoples who
volunteer to maintain the docs with us ?

Can you relay this mail and ask volunteers to contact Astrid Emde [2] and
Vicky Vergara [3], so we can update our contact list and reach to them ?

As we say : "Work commitment is low, kudos and karma very high :) "

Best regards,

Nicolas Roelandt
OSGeo-Live PSC member
OSGeo-fr member