[Proj] Time for a new release?

Thomas Knudsen knudsen.thomas at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 10:02:19 EST 2017

Not exactly a summary, but Kristian is doing a huge effort to update docs.
He has a preview version over at https://kbevers.github.io/index.html.

You could probably profitably start at
https://kbevers.github.io/usage/transformation.html

There are some remarks about the thoughts behind the new API in the first
lines of the new header file, proj.h - find it over at
https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/blob/master/src/proj.h

Also, see the comments at the beginning of each function in proj_4D_api.c -
https://github.com/OSGeo/proj.4/blob/master/src/proj_4D_api.c.

We have a lot of material around, that needs to be brushed up and fit
together, but since the code has been in a state of flux, and the activity
level high, it has been next to pointless to try to document in detail.