[Proj] Time for a new release?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Nov 10 10:19:18 EST 2017

Roger Oberholtzer <roger.oberholtzer at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Kristian Evers <kreve at sdfe.dk> wrote:
>
>> I think the current development cycle is coming to an end and a new release
>> should be made.
>
> Is there a good summary of the changes that have been made? Especially
> of the library API?

In general, a package should have a NEWS files that has a summary of
changes that users of the package should know, but omits bug fixes and
internal cleanups.  pkgsrc requires such a summary in update commit
messages, more or less what belongs in the GNU tradition NEWS file.

proj already has such a file, so it would be great to update that on
master for what will be the new release.