[Proj] Time for a new release?

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Fri Nov 10 16:24:04 EST 2017

Howard Butler <howard at hobu.co> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 12:53 PM, Norman Vine <nhv at meganet.net> wrote:
>
>>> Yes, this upcoming release is a good occasion to de-emphasize the "4".

>>> Yes, like this the name will be separated from the version number and future-ready.
>>
>> +1
>
> This is enough consensus to satisfy me.
>
> PROJ v5.0.0 it is!

Sounds good to me to.

FWIW, the current pkgsrc package is:

  proj-4.9.3

and it installs:

  /usr/pkg/include/org_proj4_PJ.h
  /usr/pkg/include/org_proj4_Projections.h
  /usr/pkg/include/proj_api.h
  /usr/pkg/include/projects.h
  /usr/pkg/lib/libproj.la
  /usr/pkg/lib/libproj.a
  /usr/pkg/lib/libproj.so
  /usr/pkg/lib/libproj.so.12
  /usr/pkg/lib/libproj.so.12.0.0
  /usr/pkg/lib/pkgconfig/proj.pc

so the big thing remaining is whether the include paths that  have 4 in
them are staying, or if all the code that uses it are going to have to
search for two pathnames and have HAVE_ ifdefs  from
autoconf/cmake/whatever.