[Proj] Time for a new release?

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Sat Nov 11 12:32:05 EST 2017

PROJ v. 5.0.0 is also good with me. It also brings us into "braking changes territory". With this in mind I think we should consider only supporting the new API in proj.h and dropping the other APIs. This will allow us to simplify the code immensely. At the moment we jump through a bunch of hoops to keep backwards compatibility. We'd probably still do that for the next release, but not having projects.h and proj_api.h as part of the public API we can change things behind the scenes in future releases.

Kristian