[Proj] Time for a new release?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Nov 17 03:32:31 EST 2017

Hi Kristian,

OK, thanks, this is a start.

Please consider adding an example with +proj=ob_tran - will it still require
the swapping of from and to projection definitions?

A further example showing how to catch errors when a projection definition
has no inverse (error handling when proj is running inside other software).

The basic guide should help for most of the standard cases, but the
transition will be easiest if the oddities are covered authoritatively
(otherwise we'll end up with lots of different work-arounds).

Best wishes,

Roger

PS. Please (very nicely) increment the version in the git repo master/trunk.
Until that is done, we're stuck as far as implementation of migration steps,
because conditioning on proj version is not possible.

-----
Roger Bivand
NHH Norwegian School of Economics, Bergen, Norway
--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/PROJ-4-f3840930.html