[Proj] Time for a new release?

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Fri Nov 17 13:39:18 EST 2017

I don’t care all that much which way we go, as long as there’s a clear decision. If we want to introduce breaking changes, I want to know it as soon as possible so I can get to work before we freeze the code. If we are going along the path of backwards compatibility there’s other stuff I want to focus on.

Unfortunately we don’t hear from that many users of the library. Plenty of package maintainers are chiming in, but not many whose code will be impacted by breaking changes. It would be nice to hear get som input from that side of the table.

I understand the problem you have as a package maintainer. It is not easy and either way we go is going to be problematic, although keeping backward compatibility seems to be lesser evil. How long do you suggest support for both API’s should last? 1 year? 2 years? Longer?

Kristian