[Proj] PROJ 5.0.0RC4

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 21 13:08:12 EST 2018

On 02/21/2018 06:58 PM, Kristian Evers wrote:
> Sorry, I failed to mentioned that. It is my plan to also make a new release of the datumgrid package at the same time as PROJ 5.0.0.
> Now that both the BETA2007 grid, the Australian and Danish grids have been added we should definitely put out a new version.
> I had not thought of doing a release candidate though. If you feel that is important, Bas, I will publish one. Otherwise I’ll just make
> sure that the two packages get updated at the same time.

An RC should be done to ensure that no additions to
CPACK_SOURCE_IGNORE_FILES are required.

The downside of CPack is that it includes everything in the source
directory which is not explicitly excluded. This is the opposite of
autotools which only includes which is explicitly configured.

If the build is done on OSX the .DS_Store and similar files will need to
be excluded as well. There is no HOW-TO-RELEASE for proj-datumgrid (yet)
which documents the procedure, so issues like this are possible to be
missed.

Kind Regards,

Bas