[Proj] PROJ 5.0.0RC5

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Feb 24 18:29:41 EST 2018

Update: it seems many things were happening, causing me to look in wrong
places.  But in the end MapServer was in fact reprojecting the points;
what caused me total confusion was that I was testing with several
MapServer-related applications that are part of MS4W (Mapbender,
GeoMOOSE) and one application had a totally blank opening map image with
PROJ v5.  In fact for some reason the old hardcoded map extents
(displayed in EPSG:3857) no longer display the data (you have to now
zoom out a bit to see the data, reprojected with PROJ v5).  I'll contact
the GeoMOOSE team to let them dive into this (still, it could be my
Windows environment, as no one else seems to be testing MapServer + PROJ
v5 yet).

Very sorry for all this noise!

Short story: all is fine with RC5 here.

Thank you again Kristian for your passion driving this.

-jeff