[Proj] PROJ 5.0.0RC6

Kristian Evers kreve at sdfe.dk
Sun Feb 25 14:30:44 EST 2018

All,

Yet another release candidate is ready. This time PROJ 5.0.0RC6. Downloads are here:

http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-5.0.0RC6.tar.gz (http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-5.0.0RC6.tar.gz.md5)

http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-5.0.0RC6.zip (http://download.osgeo.org/proj/proj-5.0.0RC6.zip.md5)

A few problems was discovered in the last RC. Mostly related to the testing system. Unless serious issues are
discovered with this RC I will call for a vote for promotion to final release on the 27th.

During the weekend it has been decided to split the datumgrids package into a core package and several
regional packages in order to keep file sizes tolerable for most users. This decision was made because of
the newly added Australian grids that are rather large compared to the rest of the grids in the package.
Tomorrow I will publish release candidates for the datumgrid packages.

/Kristian