[Proj] PROJ 5.0.0RC6

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Mon Feb 26 21:03:23 EST 2018

Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> writes:

> The NEWS file says that proj-datumgrids version is 1.6.0, but it does
> not explain how that should be used in terms of extracting and
> installing, whether it should be part of a proj package (in a packaging
> system), or in a separate proj-datumgrid package (or packages).   There
> is some implication from the past that the datumgrids must be present to
> run regression tests, but this is not clear.

I was unable to download the 1.6.0 mentioned in the NEWS file.  Looking
at http://download.osgeo.org/proj/ I can see why :-)

I am left unclear on which of the following I should package and how.
Judging by timestamps, it looks like all 4 are appropriate for a
world-wide distribution, and I would guess that 1.7 includes other than
EU/NA/Oceania.  But, I don't get why the others aren't also 1.7 if they
go together.

proj-datumgrid-1.7RC2
proj-datumgrid-europe-1.0RC1
proj-datumgrid-northamerica-1.0RC1