[Proj] PROJ 5.0.0RC6

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Feb 27 18:50:55 EST 2018

Bas Couwenberg <sebastic at xs4all.nl> writes:

> On 2018-02-27 15:11, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> So it might help to add
>>
>>   All grids that were in proj-datumgrids-1.6 remain in
>>   proj-datumgrids-1.7; the regional datumgrid files contain grids for
>>   datums not previously supported.
>
> Where do you suggest to add this?

On whatever the main page is for the proj-datumgrids distribution, plus
anyplace that talks about where to get grids.  And probably it belongs
in the NEWS file with the datumgrid distribution.   But I meant in
proj's README, at the end  of this paragraph:

  In addition to the PROJ software package, a distribution of datum
  conversion grid files is also available. The grid package is
  distributed under the name `proj-datumgrid-x.y.zip`, where "x" is the
  major release version and "y" the minor release version numbers.
  The grid package can be downloaded from the PROJ.4 website.

I certainly get it that I can figure all this out from looking at source
repos.  My only point was that we have just moved from a world where
there used to be "the grid distribution file" and now there are 4, and
it's not obvious from the names.