[Proj] New OSGeo website should rename Proj4 to Proj

Thomas Knudsen knudsen.thomas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 04:01:56 EST 2018

Roger, these numbers are not assumed to match - cf. e.g.
https://autotools.io/libtool/version.html
which says: "For what concerns the version of the ABI, it should not,
generally, be tied to the release version;"

And please check the entire text of what I propose: The name *is* indeed
PROJ, according to that, it's just a matter of keeping PROJ.4 as the name
of the *project*, and having *PROJ* as the *product*. This is a.o. in order
to keep a reasonable connection to the URL of the proj4.org web presence (
proj.org is not available)

You may disagree with me, but if you do so strongly, please volunteer to
carry out the rebranding.