[Proj] PROJ PSC

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Mon Jun 4 17:38:03 EST 2018

> On Jun 4, 2018, at 3:00 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
>
> That's all fine - I was just wondering if the metacrs notion extended to
> proj operating as part of osgeo in a legal sense, in terms of being able
> to process contributions as 501c3 etc.

It is my understanding that OSGeo isn't a non-profit 501c3, but instead is a 501c4, which means its contributions are generally not deductible. That status wasn't settled when MetaCRS was formed. PROJ itself had never incubated into OSGeo, and PROJ has never had governance beyond a benevolent dictator (Frank).

Howard