[Proj] Use of SQLite

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Mon May 21 13:35:07 EST 2018

Sorry I haven't chimed in sooner.  Going with SQLite is certainly fine for
my particular env.  Here is what I would like if at all possible:

* The option to have just one copy of the database per binary.  So shared
across PROJ through GDAL and PostGIS
* Be able to compile in the database within the binary and use if from
memory

My env is typically statically linked binaries with one binary per
container and no local disk.  I currently have an C data block with the
data that I write to vsimem and read from there.  My solution uses some
non-public code.  An SQLite in-memory database that the entire community
could use (if selected at build time) would be nicer.   I'm sure other
folks would appreciate the option to not need extra files.

A single copy means they are going to be consistent and have a bit smaller
memory footprint.

http://schwehr.org