[Proj] Use of SQLite

Martin Desruisseaux martin.desruisseaux at geomatys.com
Tue May 22 04:27:44 EST 2018

Le 22/05/2018 à 10:52, Even Rouault a écrit :

> Currently the EPSG derived csv files of GDAL properly capture the axis
> order.

Indeed, but this handling does not (yet) propagate to Proj4J and
Proj4JS, which take their data file from Proj.4.

> And the conversion of units for prime meridian to degree fall under
> the last line (line 9, Parameter value) of Table 1 at
> http://www.epsg.org/Termsofuse.aspx

This apply to map projection parameters - indeed their units have no
impact on the input/output coordinate values. But I was talking about
the axis units, which do change the coordinate values. E.g. geographic
CRS in France using Grade (before 1993), projected CRS in USA using
feet. Maybe this is handled by GDAL, but I though that we were talking
about Proj.4?

Sorry if my emails looked irritating… My desire is to try to solve a
difficulty that communities outside GDAL/Proj are facing too. Users take
Proj.4 as the reference for map projections. So when another software
produce a different result, the first user reaction is to blame the
other software, even if it was the one actually standard-compliant.

Martin