[Proj] PROJ PSC

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Thu May 31 15:00:29 EST 2018

All,

In the interest of self determination, I propose that PROJ form a PSC
with the following membership:

Even Rouault

Kristian Evers

Thomas Knudsen

Charles Karney

Howard Butler

Frank Warmerdam (emeritus)

It is silly that PROJ must put forward release motions to the (mostly
dead) MetaCRS list within OSGeo. I propose we follow something like
MapServer [1] or GDAL [2] PSC rules. I don't think it matters a whole
lot other than to have some sort of ratification procedure over the
release process that is lead by members who have a stake in the outcome
being done properly. That doesn't exist with MetaCRS.

Howard

[1] http://mapserver.org/development/rfc/ms-rfc-23.html

[2] https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc3_commiters