[Proj] PROJ PSC

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 31 16:26:09 EST 2018

Howard,

I can imagine a few ways forward:

 - We could just add the named contributors to the MetaCRS PSC and it might
be that only those interested in PROJ.4 vote on PROJ.4 proposals.
 - We could form a PROJ PSC and have the MetaCRS PSC authorize it to make
decisions about PROJ.4 on a slightly less officious basis than normal PSC
rules.
 - We might want to consider the MetaCRS "experiment" to have run it's
course and not worked out particularly well and dissolve MetaCRS other than
perhaps as a potentially mailing list for coordination of related projects,
and proceed with PROJ.4 as an independent project with it's own PSC, etc.

I'd be happy enough with the third approach.  MetaCRS was mostly my
brainchild and I'm willing to agree it is not really a functioning thing.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com
light and sound - activate the windows |