[Proj] WGS84 to NAD27 Coordinate conversion in Android

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Tue Nov 13 15:50:11 EST 2018

Hi,
Comments below..

> Le 13 nov. 2018 à 15:03, Robb Main <rmain.mws at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> I need to convert WGS84 (lat, long) coordinates from GPS to NAD27 UTM Eastings & Northings coordinates, primarily in Canada, in an Android environment. To maximize accuracy of the end result, I believe the NTv2 grid corrections must be applied (though adding 13.5MB to the final solution is not desireable).

Yes this is correct.  The first step will be to go from WGS84 transit to NAD83(CSRS) and then to NAD27 using the grid files.  Make sure you have the last version of the grid from
https://open.canada.ca/en/suggested-datasets/ntv2-grid-shift-files-gsb.

Perhaps the easiest way is to link the android tool to the nrcan web tools?  It depends on the availability of wifi or cell coverage.

http://webappd.geod.nrcan.gc.ca/geod/tools-outils/trx.php?locale=fr&wbdisable=true

http://webapp.geod.nrcan.gc.ca/geod/tools-outils/ntv2.php

Good luck