[Proj] WGS84 to NAD27 Coordinate conversion in Android

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Nov 13 19:09:19 EST 2018

Nicolas Cadieux <nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca> writes:

> Perhaps the easiest way is to link the android tool to the nrcan web
> tools?  It depends on the availability of wifi or cell coverage.

In addition to not working in remote areas (and I have used OSMAnd to
navigate in areas with no cell service, while watching apple maps on
someone's iPhone totally fail), there's another issue, which is
informing the user that their data will be sent over the web.   That
could earn your app the "tracks and reports your activity" antifeature
on f-droid :-)