[Proj] Canada NTv2.0 grid shift files

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 06:02:21 EST 2018

On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 at 19:48, Saulteau Don <sault.don at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yea, it's been licensed like that for a while now I thought and they are at http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/b3534942-31ea-59cf-bcc3-f8dc4875081a without having to create and register an account at NRCAN to get them, unless they're different and I missed something. i put in the original request to make them open =)
>
> Not sure why they got placed under non-free. Maybe it's the liability clause that makes them non-free or not 'true' open data.

I probably added this information to the non-free section a decade
ago, back when it was on a Trac wiki. As the instructions note, at the
time you had to get a special log in to get the files. But now that it
has a more appealing license and no registration, it seems that these
files can be included for general distribution.

I've started a ticket here: https://github.com/OSGeo/proj-datumgrid/issues/26

Cheers,
Mike