MapTools.org

[rosa-users] Is rosa being developed?

Daniel Morissette morissette@dmsolutions.ca
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:40:38 -0400
Vinko Vrsalovic wrote:

> or the dev version dated 2001 is going to stay that way for a long time?
>
> IOW, should we expect a new release anytime soon?

Yes, we still make small fixes and improvements every once in a while in
response to user's feedback (or to new needs in our webmapping sites)...
but development is not as active as it used to be, it's just fixes and
minor improvements since we don't want to bloat ROSA with a bunch of
stuff that's not needed by most apps... this would just increase the
download time for all the users that only need the basic ROSA.

Actually, Assefa is planning a new release in the next week or so with a
few fixes and improvements.  You should hear from him via this list.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette@dmsolutions.ca