MapTools.org

[rosa-users] problems with display png

Frank Koormann frank.koormann@intevation.de
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:48:10 +0200
Hi,

* Korbai, Zoltan <korbai.zoltan@axelero.hu> [020730 23:09]:
> Hi,
>
> I use Rosa Applet more than a month on WinXP/Apache
> and everything is okay. But now I tried to install on mandrake linux.
> The whole application is okay, rosa navigation is okay but
> the colors of the displayed image mismatched. The red is black
> and so on. If I look the generated png image in the tmp directory
> the colors are okay in mozilla. But in the rosa's window in mozilla
> these are corrupt. I have no idea what should I do.
>
> I attached two samples. The rosa.png is the showed/corrupt image
> (I made a capture from screen) and the mapserver.png is the generated image.
>
> Apache: 1.3.26
> PHP: 4.2.2
> Mapserver: 3.6.2

This isn't a problem of your server configuration but of the java
environment you are using with mozilla under linux. I experienced
such behaviour once with an elder version of java in combination with
PNG images. I don't know what versions come with Mandrake, but a
Java 2 Runtime Environment version 1.3.1 works fine with PNG in
combination with Mozilla.

Regards,

        Frank

--